Aims of the Music Department are to provide an environment where students enjoy music and develop the skills to perform confidently.
The Music Department provides:
- The latest up to date Information Technology
- A curriculum that is relevant to the student’s interests
- Development of both Practical and Performance based Skills
- Accessibility for all – it’s all inclusive
- Fantastic facilities (the Rock Room, recording, computer lab, rehearsal rooms, instruments)
- A holistic approach
- Students develop the following qualities:
- Self discipline
The Music Department Offers:
- Instrumental lessons – Please see the list of instruments below.
- Great opportunities to perform as part of different Ensembles including choir, guitar, concert band, jazz band, percussion
- The chance to perform in concerts providing a link between the school and the community.
Students are encouraged to develop their skills in the areas of:
- Music Composition
- Music Theory
- Investigation of Music
- Music Performance.
Tuition at the school is available for the following instruments: