Setting up your child’s device (must be done at home)
When you receive your child’s device through your chosen purchasing option, it’s crucial to set up the computer before bringing it to school. Your child should have their computer login information with them, as they will need it to connect to our network, which will be provided directly to the students.
Here’s a setup checklist:
– Unpack the device from its packaging and turn it on. Follow the quick setup guide, which will create a local user account.
– Make sure to record the created username and password for safekeeping, keeping a copy at home and with the student.
– Ensure that the created account uses a memorable username and password, as they will need this information to log in to their computer daily. The school won’t be able to assist if it’s forgotten or lost.
– The student should bring the device to school, where they will receive WRC login details for all systems, including school WiFi connection, Office (M365), Compass, and Canvas. This setup will be completed at school by the student once they receive their WRC login details.
– Our staff will assist students in enrolling in our assistance program, which provides support with programs when needed.