Art at WRC
Art provides the opportunity to investigate the role of art in the world through a study of historical and contemporary cultures. Students explore and develop visual art solutions using a variety of drawing, painting, printing, photography film, animation and sculptural techniques.
The Art study challenges students to articulate their understanding of the meanings and messages contained within artworks and to examine the effects of artworks upon the viewer. Each year a VCE Art Exhibition is held and junior artwork is exhibited as various times throughout the year. Students also have the opportunity to work collaboratively on larger artworks such as murals.
Subjects available to study within the arts faculty include VCE Art (Painting), VCE Studio Art (Photography), VCE Media and VCE Visual Communication and Design. Art is a core subject at year 7 and 8 and students in Year 9 and 10 can elect from subjects that include Art (painting drawing printmaking and sculpture), Ceramics, Media, Photography, Visual Communication and Design.
Music at WRC
Aims of the Music Department are to provide an environment where students enjoy music and develop the skills to perform confidently.
The Music Department provides:
- The latest up to date Information Technology
- A curriculum that is relevant to the student’s interests
- Development of both Practical and Performance based Skills
- Accessibility for all – it’s all inclusive
- Fantastic facilities (the Rock Room, recording, computer lab, rehearsal rooms, instruments)
- A holistic approach
- Students develop the following qualities:
- Self discipline
The Music Department Offers:
- Instrumental lessons – Please see the list of instruments below.
- Great opportunities to perform as part of different Ensembles including choir, guitar, concert band, jazz band, percussion
- The chance to perform in concerts providing a link between the school and the community.
Students are encouraged to develop their skills in the areas of:
- Music Composition
- Music Theory
- Investigation of Music
- Music Performance.
Tuition at the school is available for the following instruments: