Health and Physical Education at WRC
- Health, Physical Education, and Sport at Warragul Regional College provides students with the opportunity to participate in a range of sports and fitness activities
- Our focus is to develop the health and well-being of our students through regular physical activity. We believe in the idea that “Exercise creates brain cells”. It is up to the other subject area s to fill those brain cells in
- Our Physical Education curriculum is built around fitness based philosophies. All students participate in at least 80 minutes of aerobic fitness per week.
- The students are able to develop skills which should form the basis of ongoing physical activity and health.
- Physical Education is supported with comprehensive health program which aims empower students to make informed health related decisions
Thought years 7 to 9 students will have the opportunity to participate in the following sports:
- Cricket, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball
- Netball, Soccer, Table Tennis, Badminton, Hockey, AFL
- Minor Games, Gymnastics, Dance
- Yoga, cheerleading, circus skills o Archery
- Gaelic Football
- Fitness testing
- Roller Hockey
- Fitness activities & assessment
Intra-school House Competition:
WRC students belong to one of three houses Colvin, Haines and Swinburne for College sporting events. Carnivals are conducted in swimming and athletics and these days are aimed at involving the maximum number of students possible.
WRC has a highly successful and extensive inter-school sports program involving a number of individual and team sports. As a member of School Sport Victoria we compete in the West Gippsland and Gippsland Regional Round Robins and if successful into State Finals.
Term 1: Cricket, tennis, volleyball, softball, baseball, swimming.
Term 2: Football, netball, soccer, badminton, athletics, golf, cross-country, swimming.
Term 3: Hockey, basketball, table tennis, cross country.
Term 4: Table tennis, athletics, cricket, hockey, basketball
Pathways and Careers:
Careers Education and School to Work transition at WRC includes the following features:
- Work experience
- Structured work place learning
- MIP’s counselling
- School based apprenticeships
- Transition assistance
- Year level course counselling
- Early start program
- Beacon Foundation Program
- Schools Access Monash Program
- APM student employment program
WRC offers the following programs:
- School Based Apprenticeships